SmartVideo offers a range of SDKs that allow you to integrate voice, and video calling into your native mobile applications and webpages. This way, you would enable your customers to call your Genesys agents directly from your webpage/application through Click to Audio and/or Click to Video buttons.
When integrating these SDKs, a range of parameters are required. This article describes some basic these parameters and how to obtain them.
- Queue - this is the Genesys Chat queue, which is configured to receive you audio and/or video calls. To get the name of your chat queue, please ask your Genesys Admin. In case you are an admin of your Genesys Cloud center organization, please go to Admin tab and click it. It will open Admin Home. Inside the search field, please type queue. It will provide you hints. To view the queues that your organization has configured, please select Contact Center and then Queues. Once, you get a list with all of your queues, please get the name for the one which is configured to receive your voice/video calls.
- Organization Id - this is an unique id number, associated with your Genesys cloud account. To get this string, please ask your Genesys Admin. In case you are an admin of your Genesys Cloud center organization, please go to Admin tab and click it. Once inside Admin Home menu, please click Organization Settings. Org Settings have several tabs. Your Organization Id is located under Organization Details --> Advanced --> Organization ID.
- Deployment Id - SmartVideo SDKs require a configured Genesys Widget. If you have a configured widget, please go to Admin tab and click it. It will open Admin Home. Inside the search field, please type widget. It will provide you hints. To view the Widgets in your organization, please click Widgets. Select and copy the deployment key of the widget that is configured to work with SmartVideo.
If your organization does not have any widget configured, you will need to configure one. This can be easily done selecting Create Widget from the menu. When configuring your Widget, please opt for Version 1.0.
- Tenant Id - this is a SmartVideo parameter. To get your tenant Id, one needs to click on Apps and then select SmartVideo_Settings. Bear in mind that this menu item might not be visible for you, if you have no admin access. In such cases, please consult with your admin, in order to obtain the SmartVideo tenant Id. If you are an admin, then you should be able to find the SmartVideo tenant Id at the bottom of the page.
Our SDKs may require also the following parameters to be provided:
- customer name - this is supposed to be a string provided by you in order to identify your customers
- environment - if you work with our production environment, then it is supposed to be videome.videoengager.com. Some customers have custom subdomains, configured for end users. In this case, please use your custom subdomain as the environment parameter
- environment url - this is a string to specify your Genesys Cloud location, e.g. https://api.mypurecloud.com
We listen to our customers
We, the VideoEngager team, believe that addressing customer pains in timely manner is of utmost importance and key to success for all stakeholders. Our team is highly responsive to customer request. We would like to encourage you to share any suggestions for improvement of troubleshooting guide. To do so, please contact us by sending email to our support team.