Schedule Video Meeting from Callback
Visitor side: Schedule from Web Page
URL for the customer side callback demo:
Insert “?debug” parameter at the end of the demo link in order to load different organizational settings as follows:
- ?debug=dev will direct user to the “com.au” genesys website and the VideoEngager development server
- ?debug=prod will direct user to the “.com” genesys website and the VideoEngager production server
- ?debug=staging direct the user to the “.de” genesys website and the VideoEngager staging server
There is a small expanding icon on the right sidebar. Clicking it will give the user available Live Assistance options
Select the “Schedule Video” Icon from the Live Assistance options to proceed.
The Schedule Video icon will take you to the Receive a Call Menu.. Please complete the entire form. A correct phone number is mandatory (including the country code). Otherwise you will get an error. First and Last name are optional. The bottom drop down menu allows you to schedule ASAP or to pick a specific date and time. Once your selections have been made, click confirm to schedule the callback in Genesys for a video conference.
You will get confirmation similar to the one above when your Video meeting is scheduled is set. It will contain the following information:
- Phone Number
- Meeting Date and Time, Meeting URL
- .ICS Calendar download link, “Add to Google Calendar” link - Allows you to add meeting information to your personal calendar
- Join Video Meeting link - Will join the meeting directly
- Cancel Schedule - Clicking this will remove you from the Genesys and Video Engager Queue
Once a meeting has been scheduled, a new meeting cannot be scheduled until the first one is completed or canceled. Refreshing the selector page will load the existing scheduled meeting details. You must complete or cancel the existing meeting in order to schedule a new one.
Agent side: Genesys Website
When it is the scheduled meeting time, a callback interaction will appear in genesys website.
When the agent selects “Answer”, agent shorturl information will appear in interaction details. “Pick up Video Chat” button must be selected to initiate the video call.
Schedule By Genesys Agent
Agents are able to schedule video chat callbacks utilizing the Genesys Smart Video App agent UI.
Steps for agents to schedule a video callback:
Click 'New Appointment' in SmartVideo UI.
2. Enter meeting information in the form.
All of the form fields are mandatory. When the agent clicks ‘Schedule’, the callback will be registered in the Genesys ‘Agent Queue’, or in the “Callback Queue” if Agent Queue is not available.
3. Finish scheduling meeting
After the customer information is submitted, the Agent is presented with meeting info details. The Done button will become available once the Agent downloads the ICS calendar file or clicks “Create Email” to the customer.
Selecting the 'Cancel' button, will delete the scheduled video interaction in Genesys.
4. Sending an email to the customer with calendar information attached in iCalendar format.
There are two methods to provide the customer with the calendar information:
Agent sends the email manually:
- Download the ICS file by clicking 'Download ICS
- Start new email interaction
- Manually fill in the to address, subject and body
- Attach calendar file from agent’s machine.
Agent creates email by selecting ‘Create Email’
- Email interaction for the Email Queue in settings will be created.
For the message body, it is possible to use ‘Canned Responses’